Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The beauty after the storm

You know, living in Florida I've seen my fair share of storms from Hurricanes to random thunderstorms. The first thing people look for is the destruction. Trees and limbs down, bridges out, water everywhere in many places and it makes me wonder if anyone is like me. You know the first thing I notice, the sky. The sky is always so blue and pleasant the day after a storm. I look up and I am reminded that God is there, where he always is looking after us in all his beauty. Our lives are just that too. We go through storms everyday some last longer and feel like hurricanes as we watch the Gulf for the tropical warnings rolling in and get hit with storm after storm until the big Hurricane hits. Some are just an overnight downpour but once we surrender all and let God be in control we have this overwelming peace about us. He was ALWAYS there and ALWAYS will be. That peace is the same peace that I feel when I look up at the sky after a storm. That peace to know that God is 100% in control of my life. Nothing is greater than that peace and if it takes a few storms then so be it, but how wonderful will it be when I get to a place in my relationship with God to keep that peace THROUGH the storm. . . . Afterall that is what God wants. He wants us to trust him before, during, and after the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment